Combine the sophistication and boldness of red and black to make a striking bed quilt. The quilt pattern by Toni Brazendale and Sue Dwyer shows you how to piece the fans and assemble them to create a series of curves accented with white ricrac.
- Full materials list included in the instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams take you through each stage of creating this project from making your own template if you don't have a wedge ruler, cutting the fabrics, piecing the fans blocks, laying them out and assembling them through to quilting and binding
- The blocks are set together in a surprisingly simple manner - just six rows of six blocks: the complexity and variation in the design is the result of rotating them
- Large background areas in the quilt centre provide an opportunity to feature elaborate quilting if you wish
- Change the colours to suit your décor - just pick two colours that work together
- It's easy to vary the size of the quilt: make more or fewer blocks and then play with them to create your own layout
- Suitable for an intermediate-level quiltmaker