Make a fabulous scrap quilt featuring a traditional Sunflower block and pieced sashings using this quilt pattern by Chris Jurd. It combines applique and foundation piecing - a terrific project for honing a variety of skills.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams take you through each stage in the construction of this quilt: preparing the appliquéd petals over cardboard; stitching them together; adding the centre circle; finishing the blocks; sewing the sashings using foundation piecing and assembling the quilt through to quilting and binding
- Instructions are provided for appliqué prepared in the traditional way over cardboard and stitched by hand, but they can be adapted for a variety of alternative methods
- Foundation piecing means that you'll achieve accurate sashing strips of perfect length every time
- Appliqué shapes and the foundation pattern are provided on the pattern sheet full-size and ready to trace
- Make the quilt larger or smaller with ease - just change the number of blocks
- Suitable for quiltmakers with advanced skills and previous experience in foundation piecing