Make a crib quilt based on one made in the mid-1800s, which inspired Jennifer Murray to design her own version. It features the glorious colours of oak leaves in late summer surrounded by a quirky free-form appliquéd border.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with close-up photographs and diagrams will guide you through each stage of making this quilt, from preparing the shapes, English paper piecing some of them together, then appliquéing the leaves through to adding the border, quilting and binding
- Appliqué and template shapes are provided on the pattern sheet full-size, ready to trace
- Instructions are for English paper piecing and needleturn appliqué prepared with freezer paper, but they can be readily adapted to suit the appliqué method of your choice
- Includes Jennifer’s expert tips to help you achieve success with this project
- The appliquéd border is made by creating a patchwork frame, trimming it to a scalloped edge, then appliquéing it in place – a most unusual method
- Suitable for quiltmakers with intermediate skills