Use scraps to make a large, fully lined drawstring bag - perfect for carrying unfinished projects to classes or for storing finished quilts in. Katrina Hadjimichael's bag pattern shows you just how easy it is.
- Full materials list included in the instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams take you through each stage of making the bag from foundation piecing the blocks, assembling them and making the lining through to adding the casing and inserting the drawstring cord
- Rotary cut all the shapes: no patterns to trace, no templates to make
- Make something pretty and practical from your scraps - make it really scrappy or use a limited fabric and colour palette
- A fun gift that can be tailored for just about anyone: a laundry bag for travellers, a kit bag for someone sporty or even a Santa sack made using red and green Christmas fabrics
- A great introduction project to string piecing. If you enjoy the technique, it's easy to make more blocks for a bed quilt
- Suitable for a beginner quiltmaker