Indulge your love of appliqué with this stunning quilt pattern designed by Irene Blanck. The basket blocks are appliquéd, not pieced, and are bordered by floral vines in two corners. The simple patchwork borders allow you to use up all the scraps left over from the appliqué, ensuring they coordinate perfectly.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with close-up photographs and diagrams guide you through each stage of the project
- All appliqué shapes are provided full-size, ready to trace
- Instructions are for needleturn appliqué stitched by hand, but they can be easily adapted to suit the appliqué method of your choice
- Makes a fabulous scrappy quilt - time to raid your fabric stash!
- The vines are easy to appliqué - the design lines are provided on the pattern sheet, ready to trace, and the bias tape maker turns under the raw edges of the fabrics, ready for stitching
- The basket blocks are a terrific hand-stitching project - cut all the patches for a block in advance and they become very portable, for stitching where ever you are
- Suitable for quiltmakers with advanced skills - although a quiltmaker with some previous appliqué experience and determination will also enjoy success