By playing around with block sizes and placement, you can create a fun, modern quilt with Jemima Flendt’s Ocean Stars quilt pattern. This easy-to-make quilt features only nine star blocks and lots of solid plain fabric as your background, giving this traditional star block design a fresh, modern feel.
- Use a limited colour palette in different colour values
- Use only 12 different fat eight print fabrics
- Make up your star blocks by using half-square triangles
- Detailed diagrams will guide you through creating your half-square triangles, as well as the layout and configuration of the half-square triangles to make the finished star block
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on cutting your fabric, assembling your centre star design, joining your smaller stars by joining them to the centre block as borders, and completing your quilt
- Accurate cutting and piecing will ensure your stars and points line up
- A great project for beginner quilters looking for a modern quilt design using traditional blocks