Proving that a simple quilt design can create bold impact, Moira de Carvalho’s modern quilt pattern combines half-square triangles and a striking cross through the centre of the quilt. This design demonstrates how playing with block layout and fabric choices can create interesting quilt patterns.
- Use a variety of fabrics in similar value and colour for your half-square triangles to contrast with solid white
- Pick bold fabrics for your cross design
- Moira has also made this quilt reversible with a cross design used on the quilt’s reverse
- Create maximum impact with minimal fabrics
- Following Moira’s block layout, create a pattern with half-square triangle blocks and rows of Flying Geese blocks
- Detailed instructions and clear diagrams will take you through each step of the process, from cutting your fabric and an easy way for creating your half-square triangle blocks, to your quilt layout and then finishing your quilt with the reversible quilt backing
- A great modern quilt pattern for beginners