Create a beautiful decorative appliqué quilt with Irene Blanck’s Minerva quilt pattern, featuring an appliqué tree with birds and flowers, and finished with a curved single-fabric border.
- Use a variety of fabrics and scraps to create your appliqué shapes — no fabric scrap is too big or too small to use
- Fussy cut your appliqué shapes to add interest
- Follow Irene’s easy-to-read instructions and be guided through each step, from fabric cutting to appliqué placement and stitching all the way to quilting and then finishing with curved cutting of the border and attaching your binding
- A good project for practising your free-motion machine quilting skills on your background to make the appliqué stand out
- Create your tree stems from bias fabric strips created with a bias tape maker
- Includes tips on using a directional fabric for your background
- Great project for intermediate quilters with appliqué experience