Make your child the envy of all their friends with their very own deer softie using Tonia Gretschmann's pattern. Standing 50cm (20in) tall, it will be a unique feature in their bedroom or playroom.
- Full materials list included in the instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with lots of close-up photographs and diagram take you through each stage of making this project from tracing patterns, cutting out the shapes, sewing them together and stuffing the deer through to adding the facial features and finishing touches
- Pattern sheet included with all shapes provided full-size and ready to trace
- Teddy-bear eyes and felt eyelids give the deer a very realistic face
- Clever use of wire coat hangers to provide an internal frame means the deer stands up without other support
- Finishing details are added with some simple embroidery stitches: backstitch, running stitch, stab stitch and whip stitch
- Make the deer in realistic shades, as Tonia has done, or have some fun and match the deer to your décor. Who said that deer can't be pink?
- This softie is suitable for a crafter with intermediate skills and some prior experience in making softies