Create a sweet, modern cot quilt with this quilt pattern designed by Claire Gee. It is the perfect gift to welcome a new baby, and works as a cot quilt or a wallhanging for the nursery.
- Use a dark grey fabric for the background, to create the feel of a night sky, which also complements the pastel fabrics
- Claire used needleturn appliqué, which helps create the neat, curved edges of the appliqué shapes
- The sweet appliqué centre design is surrounded by a scrappy-style machine-pieced border
- For the best finished result, use free-motion machine quilting to create a spiral design on the grey background
- Step-by-step instructions, diagrams and colour photos take you through each step, from fabric cutting and completing the appliqué and machine piecing to completing the quilt
- Makes a treasured gift for a new baby
- Ideal project for intermediate quilters with appliqué experience