Putting a new spin on windmills - and clogs and tulips, for that matter! Fiona Tully reinterprets icons of the Netherlands in this quilt pattern, in classic Dutch Delft blue and white. You will use a Tulip applique block, a Windmill block and Pinwheel blocks to create this delightful quilt pattern.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with templates for the tulip shapes, ready for tracing.
- Instructions are provided for machine blanket-stitch applique using interfacing, but you can adapt them to your preferred applique technique.
- You could use a variety of fabrics and a varied colour palette to make this quilt pattern even more visually interesting. A perfect time to use the stash!
- Quilt as desired. Fiona's quilt was professionally machine quilted with a large, open tulip design over most of the surface of the quilt combined with a tight stipple on Border 4.
- This project is recommended for an intermediate crafter who would like to extend their piecing, applique and quilting skills.