Drip, drip, drop little April shower! Create your own version of Fiona Tully’s April Showers modern quilt pattern with Stretched Star blocks running in one direction to create the effect of rain beating down on a cute little appliqué umbrella in the corner of the quilt.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Pattern sheet included with umbrella appliqué design ready for tracing
- The umbrella appliqué is made with interfacing and machine stitching, but you can adapt to suit your preferred method of appliqué
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through all of the steps, from cutting your fabrics to creating and machine stitching your appliqué, creating the patchwork blocks and finishing your quilt. You have the option to free-motion machine quilt your quilt as Fiona did
- Includes Fiona’s tips on disguising your seams, neatness, and an alternate method to the interfacing appliqué method
- A great pattern for beginner quilters looking for a simple project with both patchwork and appliqué