Julie Wallace's quilt pattern shows you how to make a glorious medallion quilt as an elegant table topper, wallhanging or lap quilt. It showcases a feature print set on point in its centre, surrounded by classic Pinwheels and large pieced hexagon blocks.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams guide you through each stage of the project from choosing and cutting the fabrics, framing the centre panel and making the surrounding patchwork blocks through to assembling the quilt, quilting and binding
- This project provides an opportunity to use a special fabric with a large-scale printed motif that you can't bear to cut into small pieces - such as a toile - in the centre of the quilt
- The surrounding patchwork uses only small pieces of fabric, making this a fabulous scrappy quilt, so go and raid your fabric stash!
- The unusual hexagon blocks are strip-pieced, making them quick and easy to assemble
- Make it in your favourite colours and print fabrics - try it out with bright, modern prints for something different
- Suitable for quiltmakers with intermediate-level skills