These fun, vintage-style dolls are fully decked out in their Victorian swimwear finest, ready for a day at the beach with dog in tow. Create your own version of these art dolls with Debra Gardiner’s doll pattern.
- Full instructions list included
- Use black and white fabrics for the bathers to keep the dolls in the Victorian-era style
- Some embroidery stitches are used, including backstitch, couching, running stitch, satin stitch and straight stitch
- Pattern sheet included with all of the components for the dolls, dog and their clothing
- Fully detailed step-by-step instructions and clear diagrams take you through creating the clothes, embroidery, painting and constructing the dolls and dog
- Includes Debra’s tips on ensuring your dolls turn our correctly, using a turning tool and working with small pieces of fabric
- Ideal project for intermediate-level crafters with some general sewing skills, doll making, garment construction and embroidery skills