"The silver stars are in the sky, and the red-gold moon is riding high" - so go the opening lines of an authentic Australian Christmas carol. Bring it to life as a magnificent wallhanging to decorate your home during the festive season using the quilt pattern by Emma How.
- Full materials list included in the instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with close-up photos and diagrams take you through each stage of making this project from cutting the fabrics, preparing the shapes and appliqueing them to the background through to quilting and binding
- Applique shapes are provided on the pattern sheet full-size, ready to trace
- Instructions are for fusible-web raw-edge applique with free-motion machine stitching, but they can be readily adapted to suit the applique method of your choice
- Emma's expert tips on assembling complex applique shapes on a mat before transferring them to the quilt and working with dark fabrics will ensure you enjoy success with this project
- Use Emma's suggested background quilting pattern or devise your own to add texture to the night sky
- Suitable for intermediate quiltmakers