Lisa Kerr and Louise Lott’s medallion quilt pattern is a wonderful stash-busting scrappy quilt project. It combines a variety of traditional patchwork blocks in a classic medallion layout to make a quilt with loads of impact.
- Use your scraps; raid your stash – mix and match to create a joyous riot of colour
- Photos show two versions of the quilt to help boost your confidence in choosing fabrics to make a scrap quilt
- Traditional blocks include Lemoyne Star, Flying Geese, Log Cabin and Sawtooth Stars
- Step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams will guide you through every stage of the project, from cutting the fabrics through making the patchwork blocks and assembling the quilt to quilting and binding
- Unusual pieced borders and corners add visual interest
- Inset corners/’Y seams’ in the Lemoyne Star blocks and the number of steps involved in making this quilt mean that this project is best suited for an advanced crafter or someone with some prior quiltmaking experience who is looking to develop their skills further on a large project