Let your quilt creativity run wild with inspiration from Paula Storm’s appliqué flower art quilt pattern with instructions on the techniques used and how to draft your own eight and sixteen-wedge Dresden plate blocks.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Pattern sheet included with templates ready for tracing
- Uses a variety of different appliqué techniques
- Take inspiration from Paula’s original design to add your creative twist to your own version, adjusting the size of the flowers, creating as little or as many flowers as you want and playing around with the placement and configuration to come up with your own unique quilt design
- Instructions and detailed diagrams show you how to make the pieced background, creating the grass panel, making the fence panel, how to draft eight and sixteen wedge Dresden Plate Blocks, how to make the appliqué diamond stars, making a Dresden Plate Block and how to make the variety of different flower designs and moon that Paula used in her quilt
- Includes Paula’s tips on buying and mixing fabrics, piecing, shaping the flower petals and using pieced backgrounds
- Ideal project for advanced quilters with significant patchwork and appliqué experience