Who doesn't like a basket quilt? This beauty was designed and made by Sharon Keightley and continues a long tradition of classic patchwork scrap quilts. This quilt pattern shows you everything you need to know to make your own.
- Full materials list included in the instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams take you through each stage of making this project from cutting the fabrics, piecing the various units, joining them into blocks and sewing them together through to quilting and binding
- No patterns to trace: all the fabric cutting is done with rotary cutter and ruler
- It's easy to vary the size of the quilt: just make more or fewer blocks and adjust the layout
- Make a scrap quilt as Sharon has or choose a more limited palette to make a two- or three-colour quilt
- The number of patches in this quilt and the need for accuracy make it suitable for an intermediate quiltmaker. But a determined beginner who has mastered the 1/4in seam and is looking to take the next step will also enjoy success