Fall in love with red and white and create this stunning heart quilt pattern by Caroline Stanton. Organisation is key to creating this quilt and, with its bold central heart design and radiating diamond, this pattern is a good lesson in using fabric value to create a colour gradient.
- Use a variety of red and white fabrics of varying value from dark, rich red fabrics to lighter predominantly while fabrics
- While this quilt is made up of easy log-cabin and nine-patch units, organisation and placement of these units is what gives this quilt such impact — be sure to prepare your fabrics and keep them organised
- Detailed quilt diagram and colour photograph will help you with the overall construction Step-by-step instructions take you through fabric cutting to block construction and quilt assembly
- Caroline used her domestic sewing machine to free-motion quilt, and included is a quilting diagram you can use for your own free-motion machine quilting to finish your design
- Suited to advanced quilters looking for a project that focuses more on the final product than on complex piecing and blocks