Make a wall hanging with dramatic visual impact using Denise Griffith’s quilt pattern. She’s created a huge pink waratah on a background of grey prints and embellished it with machine embroidery, appliqué and quilting. Spectacular!
- Full materials list included in the instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with lots of close-up photos take you through each stage of making this project from cutting the fabrics, piecing the background, preparing the shapes and appliquéing them in place through to quilting, embellishing and binding
- Appliqué shapes are provided on the pattern sheet full-size, ready to trace
- Instructions are for fusible-web and ‘double appliqué’ with fusible interfacing and free-motion machine stitching, but they can be readily adapted to suit the appliqué method of your choice
- Embellish the quilt with embroidered daisies – Denise stitched hers by machine, but you could also hand embroider them if you prefer
- The large expanse of background provides an opportunity to make the quilting a real feature of the project
- Suitable for advanced quiltmakers