This traditional medallion – or frame – quilt looks much harder to make than it actually is. Carol Lewis’ quilt pattern shows you how to create the centre block and then surround it with a series of borders, some pieced, some plain, to make a full bed-size masterpiece.
- Full materials list included in the instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams take you through each stage of making this project from cutting the fabrics, stitching them to make the blocks and adding the various borders through to quilting and binding
- All fabric cutting is done with a rotary cutter – no patterns to trace
- Features variations on the classic nine-patch block
- Make a quilt for a man, woman or teenager with this pattern
- The design lends itself to a wide variety of colour choices; use yardage, as Carol has, or mix it up and make it scrappy
- Suitable for intermediate quiltmakers; however, beginners with some quiltmaking experience and who have mastered an accurate 1/4in seam will enjoy success