The perfect pattern for creating a traditional-style quilt, this design by Majella Rush uses a feature print fabric, such as a toile print, for the centre diamond feature, surrounded by traditional pieced and appliqué basket blocks.
- Choose fabrics for the basket blocks to coordinate with your chosen feature print, such as blue and white fabrics to coordinate with a blue and white toile print in the centre
- Full materials list included in instructions with recommendations for how many fabrics to use for the basket blocks
- The finished quilt is made up of 94 basket blocks
- Create the basket handle by using a bias maker and appliqué it to the block background to join to the pieced component of the basket block
- Detailed step-by-step instructions and clear diagrams take you through making the quilt blocks, assembly with the central feature block and finishing the quilt
- An ideal quilt pattern for intermediate-level quilters with a love of appliqué and piecing