Proving that even the simplest quilts can have great visual impact, the Lightening Flash Quilt pattern by Wendy Whellum uses simple zig zag patchwork blocks to great result. Using simple half-square triangles and playing with tone and block layout, this patchwork quilt pattern looks harder than it is!
- Full materials list included in instructions
- The Zigzag blocks are created by combining half-square triangle units with contrasting fabrics to create the zigzag pattern
- Lots of clear instructions with Wendy's helpful tips on quilt blocking and hand quilting included
- To keep the same effect as Wendy's original quilt design, use light and dark tone fabric prints to create the zigzag blocks - keep it traditional with reproduction fabrics or try something different with modern fabrics or a two-colour quilt, such as blue and white
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through all the steps from cutting your fabrics and piecing the half-square triangles, through to finishing your quilt
- Wendy finished her quilt with simple quilting in the ditch and hand quilting down the zigzag, but you can quilt however you like - free-motion machine quilting or even edge-to-edge designs
- A great pattern for beginner-level quilters