Nerida Richmond Benson made this easily constructed scrap quilt pattern from her favourite Japanese-style blue and white print fabrics and included two squares worked with sashiko stitching embellishment and appliqued flowers. To achieve symmetry in this quilt pattern, Nerida arranged the squares so the four lower rows are a reverse arrangement of the four upper rows.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with a template for the applique flowers, ready for tracing
- Nerida suggests that apart from the squares of dark and medium blue fabrics, choose no more than four squares of the same fabric.
- If you are including squares worked with sashiko stitching in your quilt, work the sashiko stitching before assembling the quilt. The design is printed on the Pattern Sheet.
Quilt as desired. Nerida's quilt was professionally machine quilted with continuous designs to complement the design of the quilt and accentuate the appliqued flowers..
- This project is recommended for an intermediate crafter who would like to extend their quilting skills.