Is there a sight more spectacular than jacaranda trees in full bloom? The Jacaranda Quilt pattern by Emma How could certainly take the prize for beautiful quilts with its inspiration drawn from a Jacaranda tree in full bloom. The sprays of foliage are appliquéd using fusible-web and machine stitching done through the three quilt layers so you can quilt as you appliqué.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Pattern sheet is included with appliqué shapes provided full size, ready for tracing
- This quilt uses fusible-web appliqué stitched by machine, but it can be easily adapted to suit your preferred method of appliqué
- Lots of clear instructions with Emma's helpful tips on cutting fabrics, pressing and appliqué
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through all the steps from cutting your fabrics and appliqué pieces, through to finishing and quilting your quilt
- Emma added her appliqué at the quilting stage and finished her quilt off with some free-motion machine quilting, however you can adapt to suit your preferred way of quilting
- A great pattern for intermediate-level quilters who want to practise their free-motion machine quilting and appliqué skills