Tracey Petersen designed this It's a Hoot quilt pattern using a jelly roll and a layer cake. Simple piecing and cute applique small and large owls give this quilt pattern real appeal.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with a templates for the owl applique pieces, ready for tracing
- Applique the shapes in place. Tracey worked her applique by machine: she free-motion stitched three times around the raw edges of each shape using threads to match the applique fabrics.
- A confident quilter will be able to make this quilt pattern quickly and with great success. A beginner quilter will learn valuable quilt piecing and applique techniques.
Quilt as desired. Tracey quilted It's a Hoot on her long-arm machine with white thread. She outlined the applique shapes and worked a number of different designs elsewhere.
- This project is recommended for an intermediate crafter who would like to extend their quilt piecing skills.