Make a striking wallhanging featuring hibiscus and clematis flowers on a painted and free-motion quilted background with this pattern by Hazel Foot. She's shows you how to use Lutradur/Rainbowspun in different weights to create an illusion of depth in your piece, and how to embellish it with cording and beads.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions illustrated with close-up photograph take you through every stage of making this project from painting and quilting the background fabric, preparing the Lutradur and appliquéing the shapes through to binding it and adding a hanging sleeve
- All appliqué shapes are provided full-size, ready to trace
- Instructions are provided for fusible-web appliqué stitched by machine, but they can be readily adapted to suit the appliqué method of your choice
- Add the finishing touch with machine embroidery, cording and beads
- Take inspiration from Hazel's colour selections or try a different colour palette to suite your home
- Suitable for intermediate crafters looking for a project that uses some unusual techniques so you can learn something new