Denise Griffiths has designed this beautiful quilted and appliqued wall hanging pattern with 3D gum blossoms. Grab your pom pom maker and get started! This would make for a lovely present for yourself or a friend. The 3D flowers are just lovely and really make for a special quilted wall hanging.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with a template for the applique leaf patterns, ready for tracing
- The applique is stitched by machine using a free motion/darning foot.
You will hand stitch the flowers in place by working several small stitches through the top of the red flowers and in the centre of the white flowers, allowing the stiffened yarn to stand proud of the quilt surface.
- Quilt as desired. Denise machine quilted around the applique shapes and then in diagonal rows across the applique background. She worked a series of parallel straight lines in the border.
- This project is recommended for an intermediate crafter who would like to extend their quilting skills.