Recalling towering stained-glass windows in Gothic cathedrals, this heavenly handbag pattern by Mariko Ikeda is no orthodox design. It's positively a spiritual experience in terms of construction, colour and creativity!
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this bag pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with a template for the stained glass areas of the bag pattern, ready for tracing
- The applique method used is fusible stained glass and it can be stitched by hand or machine.
It's not vital that the zipper has two sliders, but it does mean that you can have it open each way from the centre top instead of just from one end.The black frames around the "windows" are sewn with bias binding.
- You could use a variety of fabrics and colours to make this bag pattern even more visually interesting. A perfect time to use the stash!
- This project is recommended for an advanced crafter who would like to extend their bag making skills.