Create a pretty, scrappy patchwork quilt with this pieced quilt pattern from Susan Smith, using a variety of different fabrics and quilt blocks to create a cohesive overall quilt design with star and cross blocks, half-square triangle blocks in the sashing and a directional Flying Geese block border.
- Use a variety of scrappy fabrics for the sashing and six different fat quarters in four colours for the centre block designs
- While it’s a great scrappy quilt, keeping the colour palette fairly restricted will keep this quilt from looking too busy or scrappy
- Alternating the star blocks with the snowflake blocks creates a criss-cross pattern that runs through the finished quilt design
- Step-by-step instructions and detailed diagrams take you through constructing each of the blocks and creating the half-square triangle block sashing strips, through to finishing with a pieced Flying Geese border and a single-fabric border for framing the patchwork
- A great project for advanced quilters looking for a traditional-style patchwork quilt pattern using a variety of different quilt blocks