What could be more comforting in the middle of winter than a warming drink beside a toasty fire? Well, in Nicole Vos van Avezathe's embroidery and applique pattern this fantastic stitched fox likes it, too, tucked up cosily on his favourite red chair, scarf at neck, toddy in hand.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this embroidery pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with templates for all of the embroidery shapes, ready for tracing.
- Nicole recommends using a medium-weight fabric to support the dense stitching in this design.
- Nicole's 'furry stitching' isn't planned in great detail. Her advice is not to try to fill in the fur with too rigid a scheme of long and short stitches - it's more important to let the stitches follow the shape of the fox, to vary the stitch lengths and gradually change the stitch direction and thread colours as appropriate.
- Stitches used: Blanket stitch, chain stitch, long and short stitch, satin stitch, split stitch, straight stitch.
- This project is recommended for an advanced crafter who would like to extend their embroidery skills.