Marie Kellett demonstrates her love of vintage caravans with a cute tribute pincushion softie pattern. The happy little holiday house on wheels has a pocket for embroidery scissors and a door that opens to reveal a needle case. You will use your applique, embroidery and softie making skills!
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this softie pincushion pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with templates for all of the caravan shapes, ready for tracing.
- This softie pincushion uses embroidery for the bunting, planter box, flowers and the wording at the back. And features an appliqued door, window and heart.
- The applique method used is fusible web with hand blanket stitch, but you can adapt the instructions to your chosen technique.
- You could use a variety of fabrics to make this softie pincushion pattern even more visually interesting. A perfect time to use the stash!
- Stitches used: Backstitch, blanket stitch, colonial knot, detached chain (lazy daisy) stitch, running stitch.
- This project is recommended for an intermediate crafter who would like to extend their softie making skills.