Hot property in the Caribbean comes in the form of colourful cabins and cabanas and the odd rustic church, all set under a storybook sun. In this quilt pattern Crystal McGann set the islands' streets in stitches. This quilt pattern is designed to be pieced improvisationally and no two blocks, based on the Flying Geese block and New York Beauty block, should be the same. Crystal recommends cutting the House blocks as you go for more flexibility with their shape and size.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Take inspiration from Crystal's colour scheme and use bright colours as your colour palette. Or choose your own colour palette.
- The New York Beauty blocks are constructed using foundation piecing and curved piecing.
- Quilt as desired. Crystal free-motion quilted a range of designs on parts of the quilt including a large round stipple in the background with smaller square stippling, triangles, loops, lines and ditch stitching over the blocks and strips.
- This project is recommended for intermediate crafter who wants to extend their quilting skills.