Cath Babidge says of her quilt pattern, "It is 'organic' to say the least. It grew and changed as it was stitched and is made using irregular measurements calculated mostly as you go along." You will use your needle turn applique skills for this striking Australiana style quilt pattern.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with templates for the applique pattern pieces, ready for tracing.
- Take inspiration from Cath's colour scheme and use a brown, natural palette. Or take on a challenge and create your own look, using colour.
- Instructions are provided for needle turn applique, but the design lends itself to a variety of applique techniques. Adapt the instructions to suit the method of your choice.
- Quilt as desired. Cath used black Perle 8 thread to hand quilt the trunk of her boab tree. She machine quilted leaf shapes on the rest of the quilt.
- This project is recommended for intermediate crafter who wants to extend their quilting and applique skills.