Classic indigo and white yukata fabrics are perennially popular Japanese designs. And they work wonders as quilt fabrics. Jill Grant proves the point with this elegant bedcover quilt pattern created for the man of the house. You will use your needle turn applique skills and along with Sashiko stitching.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Pattern sheet is included with templates for the applique pattern pieces, ready for tracing.
- Take inspiration from Jill's colour scheme and use a soft blue palette. Or take on a challenge and create your own look, using colour.
- Instructions are provided for raw-edge applique worked by machine, but the design lends itself to a variety of applique techniques. Adapt the instructions to suit the method of your choice.
- The Sashiko stitching represents the growth lines in the bamboo. To add more emphasis, you could stitch a double line or use another coloured thread, like red or lime green, to add more colour to your finished quilt.
- This project is recommended for intermediate crafter who wants to extend their quilting and applique skills.