Just because something is functional doesn't mean that it can't also be decorative. Gail Pan has created a sweet appliqué flowers and bluebird design as the outer cover for a linen heat pack. Just pop the heat pack in a microwave for several minutes, then slip it inside this pretty cover to soothe aching muscles or warm the bed.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Step-by-step instructions illustrated with diagrams and close-up photos will guide you through every stage of the project, from cutting the fabrics, stitching the appliqué and assembling the cover to making the heat pack
- Instructions are provided for needleturn appliqué but they can be readily adapted to suit your preferred method - the simplicity of the shapes make it easy to stitch by machine if you perfer
- The appliqué shapes are small enough that you'll easily be able to use up fabric scraps
- Ideal for a gift or when you're looking for a quick project to make
- Includes tips for heating the pack safely
- Suitable for a beginner crafter