Create a modern quilt featuring a simple diamond design with Emma Jansen’s quilt pattern. Using fabrics of varying value, create a gradient look to your pattern using strip piecing and cross cutting.
- For the diamonds, 2½ inch fabric strips are used, so this is ideal for using precut fabrics such as jelly rolls
- Use a neutral-coloured fabric between your pieced blocks to make the colours pop
- Make a template by tracing the template shape from the included pattern sheet
- Detailed diagrams help with the colour placement of the strip piecing, the cutting of your shapes from the pieced fabric and construction of the blocks
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to help you with cutting your fabrics, creating your blocks, assembling your rows and completing your quilt
- Emma used simple straight-line machine quilting to finish her quilt
- A great project for intermediate-level quilters