Ann Ferguson designed this quilt-as-you-go pattern, using a combination of Leesa Chandler's Under The Australian Sun range of fabrics and Asian prints. The block in this quilt pattern is a modified log cabin with a stained glass effect created by joining a sashing strip between the logs. A perfect intermediate quilt pattern to up skill.
- Full materials list included in instructions
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, colour photographs and clear diagrams take you through the each step of this quilt pattern.
- Take inspiration from Ann's colour scheme and use a bright palette. Or take on a challenge and create your own look.
- In the block arrangement of Ann's quilt, they are arranged so they run in different directions with the two strips at the centre of the blocks placed alternately vertically or horizontally.
- The fat quarters used in this quilt are based on metric measurements and should measure 50cm x 55cm (19 1/2in x 22in).
- Quilt as desired. Ann used the black/red variegated thread to quilt in the ditch next to the sashings in a thread to match the fabric.
- This project is recommended for intermediate crafters who want to extend their quilting skills.