A great scrappy quilt, Chris Jurd’s Asian Strings quilt pattern uses foundation piecing, string piecing and appliqué. This a great project to make using up your fabric scraps.
- Chris has used a wide variety of oriental-style fabrics to create her quilt, however it would look great using any style of scrap fabrics — bright modern prints, reproduction prints or a mixture – it’s up to you
- Create your templates and foundations from the pattern sheet provided
- Following the instructions for foundation piecing will make this sometimes daunting technique a lot easier than you thought
- The star blocks are string pieced using foundation piecing to create the random, scrappy look
- Detailed instructions and clear diagrams take you through all of the steps, from creating your templates to cutting your fabrics, block construction and finishing your quilt
- A great project for advanced quilters with foundation piecing experience