Create a sweet, naïve-style appliqué quilt with Susan Smith’s appliqué quilt pattern. Featuring dogs and ducks, fish, butterflies and trees, this is a sweet quilt to create in softer, more subdued fabrics and is a suitable gift quilt for children.
- Because the appliqué shapes are so small, you can use up a lot of your scrap fabrics when creating them
- Use a low-volume range of charm squares to create the background of your centre panel
- Create your appliqué templates from the patterns sheet included
- Used bias tape made with a bias tape maker
- Susan used needleturn appliqué, but you can adjust to suit your preferred appliqué method
- Detailed instructions take you from creating your templates and cutting your fabrics to appliqué, creating your borders and completing your quilt
- An ideal quilt project for more advanced quilters with appliqué experience